It shall be unlawful for any person to advertise or conduct a live musical performance or production in this state through the use of a false, deceptive, or misleading affiliation, connection, or association between a performing group and a recording group. This section does not apply if any of the following apply:
(1) the performing group is the authorized registrant and owner of a federal service mark for that group registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office;
(2) at least one member of the performing group was a member of the recording group and has a legal right by virtue of use or operation under the group name without having abandoned the name or affiliation with the group;
(3) the live musical performance or production is identified in all advertising and promotion as a salute or tribute;
(4) the advertising does not relate to a live musical performance or production taking place in this state; or
(5) the performance or production is expressly authorized by the recording group.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes