"Authorized person" means:
(1) the state fire marshal when authorized or charged with the investigation of fires at the place where the fire actually took place;
(2) superintendent of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension;
(3) the prosecuting attorney responsible for prosecutions in the county where the fire occurred;
(4) the sheriff or chief of police responsible for investigation in the county where the fire occurred;
(5) the county attorney responsible for the prosecution in the county where the fire occurred;
(6) the Federal Bureau of Investigation or any other federal agency;
(7) the United States Attorney's Office when authorized or charged with investigation or prosecution of a case involving a fire loss;
(8) the chief administrative officer of the municipal arson squad or the chief of the fire department responsible for the investigation of the fire under section 299F.04, subdivision 1; or
(9) the commissioner of commerce.
"Relevant" information or evidence means information having any tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the investigation or determination of the issue more probable or less probable than it would be without the evidence.