The dean of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, University of Minnesota, is encouraged to maintain an Interagency Information Cooperative that must include members from:
(1) the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, University of Minnesota;
(2) the Natural Resources Research Institute, University of Minnesota, Duluth;
(3) the department;
(4) the Minnesota Geospatial Information Office;
(5) the Minnesota Association of County Land Commissioners;
(6) the United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service; and
(7) other organizations as deemed appropriate by the members of the cooperative.
The purposes of the cooperative are to:
(1) coordinate the development and use of forest resources data in the state;
(2) promote the development of statewide guidelines and common language to enhance the ability of public and private organizations and institutions to share forest resources data;
(3) promote the development of information systems that support access to important forest resources data;
(4) promote improvement in the accuracy, reliability, and statistical soundness of fundamental forest resources data;
(5) promote linkages and integration of forest resources data to other natural resource information;
(6) promote access and use of forest resources data and information systems in decision-making by a variety of public and private organizations; and
(7) promote expanding the capacity and reliability of forest growth, succession, and other types of ecological models.
By November 1 of each even-numbered year, the information cooperative shall report to the council its accomplishments in fulfilling the responsibilities identified in this section.