(a) The Farmer-Lender Mediation Act applies to creditors who are owed debts subject to the Farmer-Lender Mediation Act and are:
(1) the United States or an agency of the United States;
(2) corporations, partnerships, and other business entities; and
(b) The Farmer-Lender Mediation Act does not apply to creditors of a debtor described under subdivision 2, paragraph (b).
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) the Farmer-Lender Mediation Act applies to a debtor who is:
(1) a person operating a family farm as defined in section 500.24, subdivision 2;
(2) a family farm corporation as defined in section 500.24, subdivision 2; or
(3) an authorized farm corporation as defined in section 500.24, subdivision 2.
(b) The Farmer-Lender Mediation Act does not apply to a debtor who owns and leases less than 60 acres if the debtor has less than $20,000 in gross sales of agricultural products the preceding year.
The Farmer-Lender Mediation Act does not apply to a debt:
(1) for which a proof of claim form has been filed in bankruptcy by a creditor or that was listed as a scheduled debt, of a debtor who has filed a petition in bankruptcy after July 1, 1987, under United States Code, title 11, chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13;
(2) if the debt was in default when the creditor received a mediation proceeding notice under the Farmer-Lender Mediation Act and the creditor filed a claim form, the debt was mediated during the mediation period under section 583.26, subdivision 8, and (i) the mediation was unresolved; or (ii) a mediation agreement with respect to that debt was signed;
(3) for which the creditor has served a mediation notice, the debtor has failed to make a timely request for mediation, and within 60 days after the debtor failed to make a timely request the creditor began a proceeding to enforce the debt against the agricultural property of the debtor;
(4) for which a creditor has received a mediation proceeding notice and the creditor and debtor have restructured the debt and have signed a separate mediation agreement with respect to that debt; or
(5) for which there is a lien for rental value of farm machinery under section 514.661.
1986 c 398 art 1 s 9,18; 1Sp1986 c 2 art 2 s 5,6; 1987 c 292 s 15,16,37; 1988 c 474 s 2; 1988 c 700 s 3; 1989 c 350 art 16 s 5,8; 1990 c 525 s 1; 1991 c 208 s 2; 1Sp1993 c 2 art 6 s 1,2; 1995 c 212 art 2 s 11; 1997 c 183 art 3 s 29; 1998 c 395 s 7; 1998 c 402 s 6; 1999 c 214 art 2 s 19; 2001 c 195 art 1 s 23; 1Sp2001 c 1 art 2 s 25; 1Sp2001 c 2 s 150; 2002 c 379 art 1 s 104
NOTE: See section 583.215 for expiration of this section.