This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
All cans or containers used in the sale or distribution of mix, ice cream mix, mix base, or ice cream mix base shall bear a label attached to the same giving the following information:
(1) Name of product;
(2) Percentage of milk fat contained in product;
(3) Percentage of total solids in products;
(4) Statement of net contents; and
(5) Name and address of manufacturer or distributor.
Every package of frozen foods packed by the manufacturer shall bear a label. The label shall give the name of the product, the name and address of the manufacturer or distributor, a statement of the net contents, and such other information as the commissioner may require pursuant to section 31.12, and acts amendatory thereof. When the name and address of the distributor is given on the label of mix, ice cream mix, mix base, ice cream mix base or frozen foods, the name and address of the manufacturer also shall be given or in lieu of the name and address of the manufacturer an identification number or code assigned by the commissioner of agriculture may be used to represent such manufacturer.
(1) No person shall sell, advertise or expose for sale, or offer for sale a frozen food, or mix, or mix base therefor, unless it conforms to a standard of identity prescribed by the commissioner in accordance with law.
(2) When ice milk is sold, offered or exposed for sale in a package form, there shall be conspicuously printed thereon in ink upon a contrasting background, in type not less than 24-point Gothic capitals, the words "ice milk." When ice milk is served to a consumer, the owner, operator or manager of such retail establishment shall have signs conspicuously posted on the inside of such retail establishment with lettering large enough to be distinctly seen and read containing the words "ice milk sold here." Such signs shall remain posted so long as ice milk is sold or offered for sale to consumers.
(3) No person shall sell, advertise or offer or expose for sale any imitation ice cream.
(4) No person shall sell, offer for sale or advertise for sale any frozen food or mix, or mix base therefor, if the brand name of the frozen food, or mix, or mix base or label upon it, or the advertising accompanying it, shall give a false indication of origin, character, composition, name of manufacturer, or is otherwise false or misleading in any particular.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.