The commissioner, upon receipt of funding for these purposes, shall:
(1) maintain and operate the Capitol building and grounds according to section 16B.24 and other applicable law;
(2) designate a project manager to oversee and manage predesign, design, and construction contracts and funding for all modifications to the Capitol building;
(3) manage design and construction projects and funding for the Capitol building according to section 16B.31 and other applicable law;
(4) lease space in the Capitol building, as provided in section 16B.24, to state agencies, constitutional officers, and the court administrator on behalf of the judicial branch and allocate space in the Capitol building to the legislative branch as determined by the commission;
(5) provide information about the Capitol building to the commission, legislative bodies, and others as needed regarding maintenance, operation, leasing, condition assessments, design, and construction projects; and
(6) assist the State Capitol Preservation Commission with performance of its duties as needed.