The Athletic Trainers Advisory Council is created and is composed of eight members appointed by the board. The advisory council consists of:
(1) two public members as defined in section 214.02;
(2) three members who are registered athletic trainers, one being both a licensed physical therapist and registered athletic trainer as submitted by the Minnesota American Physical Therapy Association;
(3) two members who are medical physicians licensed by the state and have experience with athletic training and sports medicine; and
(4) one member who is a doctor of chiropractic licensed by the state and has experience with athletic training and sports injuries.
The advisory council is established and administered under section 15.059.
The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for athletic trainers;
(2) distribute information regarding athletic trainer standards;
(4) review registration and registration renewal applications and make recommendations to the board;
(6) review investigation reports of complaints and recommend to the board whether disciplinary action should be taken;
(7) advise the board regarding evaluation and treatment protocols;
(8) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs; and
(9) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils under chapter 214, as directed by the board.