As used in this section, "residential program" means (1) a hospital-based primary treatment program that provides residential treatment to minors with emotional disturbance as defined by the Comprehensive Children's Mental Health Act in sections 245.487 to 245.4889, or (2) a facility licensed by the state under Minnesota Rules, parts 9545.0900 to 9545.1090, to provide services to minors on a 24-hour basis.
Beginning June 1, 1986, each residential program shall collect the information listed in this subdivision. Each residential program shall provide the required information annually on a date to be determined by the commissioner of human services. All residential programs shall report to the commissioner of human services. The summary reports on each program are public data and must contain at least the following information for the period covered by the report:
(1) number of minors admitted to the program;
(2) number of minors discharged from the program;
(3) number of minors served during the reporting period;
(4) number of minors who remained in residence for less than 30 days;
(5) number of minors who remained in residence for between 30 and 60 days;
(6) number of minors who remained in residence for more than 60 days;
(7) average length of stay of minors in the program;
(8) number of minors who have received psychotropic medications as part of treatment in the program;
(9) age, race, and sex of each minor admitted to the program;
(10) number of minors admitted who have previously had residential treatment;
(11) number of minors discharged who are on private pay or third-party reimbursement payment and number who are receiving government funds for treatment;
(12) the county of residence of discharged minors;
(13) number of admitted minors whose admission is court-ordered; and
(14) number of beds on a locked unit and number of beds on an unlocked unit.
The reporting requirement of this section must not release individual names of minors or other identifying information. The commissioner of health and the commissioner of human services shall make the reports available to interested persons upon request.