This section applies to an appropriation of more than $1,000,000 of state or federal funds to a state agency for any information and telecommunications technology project or for any phase of such a project, device, or system. For purposes of this section, an appropriation of state or federal funds to a state agency includes an appropriation:
(1) to a constitutional officer;
(2) for a project that includes both a state agency and units of local government; and
(3) to a state agency for grants to be made to other entities.
(a) A state agency receiving an appropriation for an information and telecommunications technology project subject to this section must divide the project into phases.
(b) The commissioner of management and budget may not authorize the encumbrance or expenditure of an appropriation of state funds to a state agency for any phase of a project, device, or system subject to this section unless the Office of MN.IT Services has reviewed each phase of the project, device, or system, and based on this review, the chief information officer has determined for each phase that:
(1) the project is compatible with the state information architecture and other policies and standards established by the chief information officer;
(2) the agency is able to accomplish the goals of the phase of the project with the funds appropriated; and
(3) the project supports the enterprise information technology strategy.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes