(a) The implementation plan shall require the local organization to carefully screen and train volunteers to provide program services. Training must prepare volunteers to:
(1) identify signs of abuse or other indications that a child may be at risk of abuse;
(2) help families develop communications skills;
(3) teach and reinforce healthy discipline techniques;
(4) provide other support a family needs to cope with stresses that increase the risk of abuse; and
(5) refer the family to other appropriate public health, education, and social services.
(b) The implementation plan shall also include procedures whereby the local agency will provide ongoing support, supervision, and training for all volunteers. Training must be culturally appropriate and community-based, and must incorporate input from parents who will be using the program's services.
The implementation plan must require that the local organization recruit minority volunteers to serve communities of color.