Federal money received by the Minnesota Department of Health, pursuant to United States Code, title 42, sections 701 to 709, shall be expended to:
(1) assure access to quality maternal and child health services for mothers and children, especially those of low income and with limited availability to health services and those children at risk of physical, neurological, emotional, and developmental problems arising from chemical abuse by a mother during pregnancy;
(2) reduce infant mortality and the incidence of preventable diseases and disabling conditions among children;
(3) reduce the need for inpatient and long-term care services and to otherwise promote the health of mothers and children, especially by providing preventive and primary care services for low-income mothers and children and prenatal, delivery and postpartum care for low-income mothers;
(4) provide rehabilitative services for blind and disabled children under age 16 receiving benefits under title XVI of the Social Security Act; and
(5) provide and locate medical, surgical, corrective and other service for children with special health care needs.