Subd. 2.Plate impoundment.
When a person is arrested for or charged with a plate impoundment violation, the commissioner of public safety may issue an impoundment order. Under section 169A.60, subdivision 1, paragraph (d), "plate impoundment violation" includes:
(1) a violation of section 169A.20 or 169A.52 resulting in revocation of a person's driver's license within ten years of a qualified prior impaired driving incident;
(2) a license disqualification under section 171.165 resulting from violation of section 169A.52 within ten years of a qualified prior impaired driving incident;
(3) a violation of section 169A.20 or 169A.52 while having an alcohol concentration of 0.20 percent or more measured at the time or within two hours of the time of offense;
(4) a violation of section 169A.20 or 169A.52 while having a child under the age of 16 in the vehicle if the child is more than 36 months younger than the offender; or
(5) a violation of section 171.241 by a person whose driver's license has been canceled under section 171.04, subdivision 1, clause (10), inimical to public safety.