The state Board of Public Defense shall meet and negotiate with the exclusive representative of each of the statewide units specified in this section. The units provided in this section are the only appropriate statewide units for state employees of the board. Employees of the state Board of Public Defense, unless otherwise excluded, are included within the units which include the classifications to which they are assigned for purposes of compensation. The following are the appropriate statewide units of state employees of the board:
(1) Assistant District and Assistant State Public Defender Unit; and
(2) Clerical and Support Staff Unit.
Each unit consists of the classifications or positions assigned to it in the schedule of job classifications and positions maintained by the state Board of Public Defense.
The following employees are excluded from the appropriate statewide units under subdivision 1:
(1) the positions of state public defender, deputy state public defender, and chief district public defender;
(2) the positions of managing attorney and managing legal secretary in judicial district public defender offices and in the state Public Defender's Office;
(3) positions of all employees in the administrative services office of the state Board of Public Defense;
(4) positions of all part-time and temporary employees as defined under section 179A.03, subdivision 14, paragraph (a), clauses (5) and (6).
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes