It shall be the duty of the state folklorist to:
(1) sponsor, engage in, and direct fundamental research into the folklife of this state and to encourage and coordinate folklife research and investigation undertaken within the state;
(2) cooperate with other agencies of the state which may have authority to determine the location of folklife materials;
(3) protect to the extent possible and encourage the preservation of folklife items located on privately owned property or otherwise in the private possession of individuals;
(4) obtain for the state objects of folklife significance and data relating to the objects;
(5) cooperate with the University of Minnesota and other institutions and organizations to preserve and collect Minnesota folklife, together with the data relating to the folklife; and
(6) disseminate folklife information through the publication of reports of folklife research conducted within the state.
The state folklorist shall submit to the director of the Minnesota Historical Society an annual report concerning the operation of the center, including a detailed statement of all private and public funds received and expended by the center and such recommendations as the center deems appropriate.
The state folklorist shall avoid any actions which infringe on the personal rights of individuals contributing to the center.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes