School boards and the county board may enter into agreements to cooperatively serve and provide funding for children with disabilities, under age five, and their families within a specified geographic area.
The local interagency agreement must address, at a minimum, the following issues:
(1) responsibilities of local agencies on local interagency early intervention committees (IEIC's), consistent with section 125A.38;
(2) assignment of financial responsibility for early intervention services;
(3) methods to resolve intraagency and interagency disputes;
(4) identification of current resources and recommendations about the allocation of additional state and federal early intervention funds under the auspices of United States Code, title 20, section 1471 et seq. (Part C, Public Law 108-446) and United States Code, title 20, section 631, et seq. (Chapter I, Public Law 89-313);
(5) data collection; and
(6) other components of the local early intervention system consistent with Public Law 102-119.