The commissioner of employment and economic development shall create a State Trade and Export Promotion grants program, hereafter STEP grants, to provide financial and technical assistance to eligible Minnesota small businesses with an active interest in exporting products or services to foreign markets.
Recipients may apply, on an application devised by the commissioner, for up to $7,500 in reimbursement for approved export-development activities, including, but not limited to:
(1) participation in trade missions;
(2) export training;
(3) exhibition at trade shows or industry-specific events;
(4) translation of marketing materials;
(5) development of foreign language Web sites, Gold Key, or other business matchmaking services;
(6) company-specific international sales activities; and
(7) testing and certification required to sell products in foreign markets.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes