An application for registration may be made by any of the following persons:
(1) the person or persons who singly or collectively own the land; tenants in common shall join in the application;
(2) the person or persons who singly or collectively have the power of disposing of the land;
(3) infants and other persons under disability, by their guardian duly appointed by the proper court in this state;
(4) a corporation, by its proper officer, or by an agent duly authorized by the board of directors;
(5) any executor, administrator or personal representative duly appointed by the proper court in this state;
(6) a municipal corporation, by its mayor and city clerk, in the case of a city, after a resolution passed by its city council so directing, and by the county auditor and chair of the county board, in the case of a county, after a resolution passed by its county board so directing;
(7) any person may make application when, for at least 15 years, the land has been in the adverse possession of the applicant or those through whom the applicant claims title;
(8) a partnership by one or more of its general partners;
(9) the state of Minnesota, by the county auditor and chair of the county board of the county in which the land is located, at the direction of the county board of such county, in the case of lands forfeited to the state for taxes, and held by it in trust for its taxing districts, or otherwise.
This provision is in addition to all other laws by which the state may register the title to land.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes