The office, in consultation with interested persons, shall:
(1) coordinate statewide efforts by units of state and local government to plan for and develop a system for providing access to government services;
(2) make recommendations to facilitate coordination and assistance of demonstration projects; and
(3) explore ways and means to improve citizen and business access to public services, including implementation of technological improvements.
A state agency shall coordinate with the office when implementing a new initiative for providing electronic access to state government information.
No state agency may propose or implement a capital investment plan for a state office building unless:
(1) the agency has developed a plan for increasing telecommuting by employees who would normally work in the building, or the agency has prepared a statement describing why such a plan is not practicable; and
(2) the plan or statement has been reviewed by the office.
The chief information officer, in consultation with the Information Policy Analysis Division of the Department of Administration, shall develop standards to enhance public access to electronic data maintained by state government, consistent with the requirements of chapter 13. The standards must ensure that:
(1) the state information architecture facilitates public access to agency data;
(2) publicly available data is managed using an approved state metadata model; and
(3) all geospatial data conform to an approved state geocode model.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes