A road authority may issue an annual permit authorizing a single-unit vehicle to haul milk at weights that exceed the limitations provided in sections 169.823 and 169.824 by ten percent. The fee for this permit is as provided in section 169.86, subdivision 5, paragraph (c).
A permit under subdivision 1 may only be issued before August 1, 2012.
A vehicle operating under a permit under subdivision 1:
(1) is subject to seasonal load restrictions under section 169.87;
(2) may not take advantage of seasonal weight increases authorized by section 169.826;
(3) is subject to bridge load limits posted under section 169.84;
(4) may not be operated on the interstate highway system; and
(5) may not be operated with a load that exceeds the manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating as affixed to the vehicle, or other certification of gross vehicle weight rating complying with Code of Federal Regulations, title 49, sections 567.4 to 567.7.