As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, each of the terms in the following subdivisions has the meaning indicated.
"Allowable service" has the meaning provided in section 353.01, subdivision 16, of the edition of Minnesota Statutes published in the year before the year in which the privatization occurred.
"Effective date" means the date that the operation of the medical facility or other public employing unit is assumed by another employer or the date that the medical facility or other public employing unit is purchased by another employer and active membership in the Public Employees Retirement Association consequently terminates.
"Medical facility" means:
(1) Bridges Medical Services;
(2) Cedarview Care Center in Steele County;
(3) the City of Cannon Falls Hospital;
(4) the Chris Jenson Health and Rehabilitation Center in St. Louis County;
(5) Clearwater County Memorial Hospital doing business as Clearwater Health Services in Bagley;
(6) the Dassel Lakeside Community Home;
(7) the Douglas County Hospital, with respect to the Mental Health Unit;
(8) the Fair Oaks Lodge, Wadena;
(9) the Glencoe Area Health Center;
(10) Hutchinson Area Health Care;
(11) the Lakefield Nursing Home;
(12) the Lakeview Nursing Home in Gaylord;
(13) the Luverne Public Hospital;
(14) the Oakland Park Nursing Home;
(15) the RenVilla Nursing Home;
(16) the Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, with respect to the Department of Radiology and the Department of Radiation/Oncology;
(17) the St. Peter Community Health Care Center;
(18) the Traverse Care Center in Traverse County;
(19) the Waconia-Ridgeview Medical Center;
(20) the Weiner Memorial Medical Center, Inc.;
(21) the Wheaton Community Hospital; and
(22) the Worthington Regional Hospital.
"Other public employing unit" means:
(1) Metro II, a joint powers organization formed under section 471.59; and
(2) the St. Paul Civic Center authority.
"Terminated medical facility or other public employing unit employee" means a person who:
(1) was employed on the day before the effective date by the medical facility or other public employing unit; or
(2) terminated employment with the medical facility or other public employing unit on the day before the effective date; and
(3) was a participant in the general employees retirement plan of the Public Employees Retirement Association at the time of termination of employment with the medical facility or other public employing unit.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes