A committee is created to advise the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation on providing higher education programs in the taconite assistance area defined in section 273.1341. The committee is subject to section 15.059 but does not expire.
The members of the committee shall consist of:
(1) one member appointed by the governor;
(2) one member appointed by the president of the University of Minnesota;
(3) four members of the Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board appointed by the chair;
(4) the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation; and
(5) the president of the Northeast Higher Education District or its successor.
The committee shall advise the commissioner regarding development of a contract with the state university system. The contract would require the system to provide courses within the taconite assistance area defined in section 273.1341.
The commissioner shall prepare a contract as described in subdivision 3 and submit it to the committee for review and recommendations for approval, disapproval, or modifications. At the conclusion of the review process, the commissioner shall enter into a contract with the state university system to provide the services.
A program may not be offered under a contract executed according to this section unless it is approved by the board of the system offering the program.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes