By July 1, 1988, county boards must provide or contract for education and prevention services to adults residing in the county. Education and prevention services must be designed to:
(1) convey information regarding mental illness and treatment resources to the general public and special high-risk target groups;
(2) increase understanding and acceptance of problems associated with mental illness;
(3) improve people's skills in dealing with high-risk situations known to have an impact on adults' mental health functioning;
(4) prevent development or deepening of mental illness; and
(5) refer adults with additional mental health needs to appropriate mental health services.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes