(a) A person must file an application for a special local need application with the commissioner. The application must meet the requirements of section 18B.26, subdivision 2, and the commissioner may require other relevant information.
(b) The commissioner may require a full description of tests and test results upon which claims are based for:
(1) a pesticide use that is not registered under section 18B.26 or FIFRA; or
(2) a pesticide on which restrictions are being considered.
(c) The applicant may request in writing privacy of information submitted as provided in section 18B.38.
(a) After reviewing the application accompanied by the application fee, the commissioner shall, subject to the terms and conditions of the authorization by the administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency to register pesticides to meet special local needs, register pesticides if the commissioner determines that:
(1) the pesticide's composition warrants the proposed claims for the pesticide;
(2) the pesticide's label and other material required to be submitted comply with this chapter;
(3) the pesticide will perform its intended function without unreasonable adverse effect on the environment;
(4) the pesticide will not generally cause unreasonable adverse effects on the environment when used in accordance with label directions; and
(5) a special local need for the pesticide exists.
(b) The commissioner may revoke or modify a special local need registration if the commissioner determines that the terms or conditions of the registration do not comply with paragraph (a).
An application fee for a special local need registration must be accompanied by a nonrefundable fee of $150.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes