To the extent authorized under this chapter, application of a pesticide to the inside or outdoor property of a Minnesota kindergarten through 12th grade public school must be performed by a:
(1) structural pest control applicator;
(2) commercial or noncommercial pesticide applicator with appropriate use category certification; or
(3) school pest management coordinator or a school employee with school pest management knowledge.
Pesticides determined by the commissioner to be sanitizers or disinfectants are exempt from subdivision 1.
The commissioner, in consultation with the Departments of Health; Administration; and Education; the University of Minnesota Extension Service; the Minnesota School Boards Association; and other persons as necessary and appropriate, must:
(1) establish and maintain a registry of school pest management coordinators; and
(2) provide information on a regular and periodic basis to school pest management coordinators on pest management techniques and programs, including model school policies; proper pesticide use, storage, handling, and disposal; and other relevant pesticide and pest management information.