An agricultural contract entered into or substantively amended after January 1, 2001, must contain as the first page, or first page of text if it is preceded by a title page or pages, a cover sheet as provided in this section.
The cover sheet or sheets must comply with section 17.943, and must contain the following:
(1) a brief statement that the document is a legal contract between the contractor and the producer;
(2) the statement "READ YOUR CONTRACT CAREFULLY. This cover sheet provides only a brief summary of your contract. This is not the contract and only the terms of the actual contract are legally binding. The contract itself sets forth, in detail, the rights and obligations of both you and the contractor. IT IS THEREFORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ YOUR CONTRACT CAREFULLY.";
(3) the written disclosure of material risks required by section 17.91, subdivision 2;
(4) a statement detailing, in plain language, the producer's right to review the contract as described in section 17.941; and
(5) an index of the major provisions of the contract and the pages on which they are found, including:
(i) the names of all parties to the contract;
(ii) the definition sections of the contract;
(iii) the provisions governing cancellation, renewal, or amendment of the contract by either party;
(iv) the duties or obligations of each party; and
(v) any provisions subject to change in the contract.