(a) The Technology Advisory Committee is created to advise the chief information officer. The committee consists of six members appointed by the governor who are individuals actively involved in business planning for state executive branch agencies, one county member designated by the Association of Minnesota Counties, one member appointed by the governor as a representative of a union that represents state information technology employees, and one member appointed by the governor to represent private businesses.
(b) Membership terms, removal of members, and filling of vacancies are as provided in section 15.059. Members do not receive compensation or reimbursement for expenses.
(c) The committee shall select a chair from its members. The chief information officer shall provide administrative support to the committee.
(d) The committee shall advise the chief information officer on:
(1) development and implementation of the state information technology strategic plan;
(2) critical information technology initiatives for the state;
(3) standards for state information architecture;
(4) identification of business and technical needs of state agencies;
(5) strategic information technology portfolio management, project prioritization, and investment decisions;
(6) the office's performance measures and fees for service agreements with executive branch agencies;
(7) management of the state enterprise technology revolving fund; and
(8) the efficient and effective operation of the office.