The commissioner shall establish forms and procedures for annual registration of housing with services establishments. The commissioner shall charge an annual registration fee of $155. No fee shall be refunded. A registered establishment shall notify the commissioner within 30 days of the date it is no longer required to be registered under this chapter or of any change in the business name or address of the establishment, the name or mailing address of the owner or owners, or the name or mailing address of the managing agent. There shall be no fee for submission of the notice.
The commissioner shall assess each housing with services establishment that offers or provides assisted living under chapter 144G a surcharge on the annual registration fee paid under subdivision 1, to pay for the commissioner's costs related to bringing actions for injunctive relief under section 144G.02, subdivision 2, paragraph (b), on or after July 1, 2007. The commissioner shall assess surcharges using a sliding scale under which the surcharge amount increases with the client capacity of an establishment. The commissioner shall adjust the surcharge as necessary to recover the projected costs of bringing actions for injunctive relief. The commissioner shall adjust the surcharge in accordance with section 16A.1285.
The establishment shall provide the following information to the commissioner in order to be registered:
(1) the business name, street address, and mailing address of the establishment;
(2) the name and mailing address of the owner or owners of the establishment and, if the owner or owners are not natural persons, identification of the type of business entity of the owner or owners, and the names and addresses of the officers and members of the governing body, or comparable persons for partnerships, limited liability corporations, or other types of business organizations of the owner or owners;
(3) the name and mailing address of the managing agent, whether through management agreement or lease agreement, of the establishment, if different from the owner or owners, and the name of the on-site manager, if any;
(4) verification that the establishment has entered into a housing with services contract, as required in section 144D.04, with each resident or resident's representative;
(5) verification that the establishment is complying with the requirements of section 325F.72, if applicable;
(6) the name and address of at least one natural person who shall be responsible for dealing with the commissioner on all matters provided for in sections 144D.01 to 144D.06, and on whom personal service of all notices and orders shall be made, and who shall be authorized to accept service on behalf of the owner or owners and the managing agent, if any;
(7) the signature of the authorized representative of the owner or owners or, if the owner or owners are not natural persons, signatures of at least two authorized representatives of each owner, one of which shall be an officer of the owner; and
(8) whether services are included in the base rate to be paid by the resident.
Personal service on the person identified under clause (6) by the owner or owners in the registration shall be considered service on the owner or owners, and it shall not be a defense to any action that personal service was not made on each individual or entity. The designation of one or more individuals under this subdivision shall not affect the legal responsibility of the owner or owners under sections 144D.01 to 144D.06.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes