Except as provided elsewhere in this chapter, on the effective date of this chapter:
(1) the chapter applies to any wills of decedents dying thereafter;
(2) the chapter applies to any proceedings in court then pending or thereafter commenced regardless of the time of the death of decedent except to the extent that in the opinion of the court the former procedure should be made applicable in a particular case in the interest of justice or because of infeasibility of application of the procedure of this chapter;
(3) every personal representative including a person administering an estate of a minor or incompetent holding an appointment on that date, continues to hold the appointment but has only the powers conferred by this chapter and is subject to the duties imposed with respect to any act occurring or done thereafter;
(4) an act done before the effective date in any proceeding and any accrued right is not impaired by this chapter. If a right is acquired, extinguished or barred upon the expiration of a prescribed period of time which has commenced to run by the provisions of any statute before the effective date, the provisions shall remain in force with respect to that right;
(5) any rule of construction or presumption provided in this chapter applies to instruments executed and multiple party accounts opened before the effective date unless there is a clear indication of a contrary intent.