(b) The rules shall provide, among other things, for:
(1) a classification plan and classification of positions within the jurisdiction of the employee relations department in accordance with the plan;
(2) creation and maintenance of lists of eligibles. No name shall remain on an eligible list for more than two years;
(3) certification of names to the appointing authority from the eligible list for appointment, promotion, or reemployment;
(4) establishment of procedures to recruit, select, and advance personnel on the basis of relative ability, knowledge, and skills;
(5) establishment of procedures to assure nondiscriminatory and fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration without regard to political affiliation, race, color, national origin, sex, or religion;
(6) establishment of procedures for suspension or termination or other disciplinary action, including procedures for appeal of actions by appointing authorities with respect to suspension or termination or other disciplinary action;
(7) establishment of rules and procedures to authorize employees within the jurisdiction of the employee relations department to take a leave of absence from their duties to accept appointment to an unclassified position.
(1) Appoint, supervise, and direct the work of the employees of the department.
(3) Provide for, formulate, and hold competitive examinations as required by rule to determine the qualifications of persons seeking employment in positions within the jurisdiction of the department.
(5) Establish programs for training and continuing education of employees as deemed appropriate by the county board to improve the quality of service of employees holding positions within the jurisdiction of the department.
(6) Prepare a compensation plan and recommend a schedule of salary or wage rates for all county positions within the jurisdiction of the department for adoption by the county board.