After a plan of conversion has been approved by the owners entitled to vote on the approval of the plan as provided in section 302A.685, and before the effective date of the plan, it may be abandoned:
(1) if the owners of the converting organization entitled to vote on the approval of the plan as provided in section 302A.685 have approved the abandonment at a meeting by the affirmative vote of the holders of a majority of the voting power of the shares or membership interests entitled to vote;
(2) if the plan itself provides for abandonment and all conditions for abandonment set forth in the plan are met; or
(3) pursuant to subdivision 2.
A plan of conversion may be abandoned, before the effective date of the plan, by a resolution of the board of directors or the board of governors of the converting organization abandoning the plan of conversion approved by the affirmative vote of a majority of the directors or governors present.
If articles of conversion have been filed with the secretary of state, but have not yet become effective, the converting organization shall file with the secretary of state articles of abandonment that contain:
(1) the name of the converting organization;
(2) the provision of this section under which the plan is abandoned; and
(3) if the plan is abandoned under subdivision 2, the text of the resolution abandoning the plan.