The office processing fee for an initial licensure application is:
(1) $2,500 for a school that will offer no more than one program during its first year of operation;
(2) $750 for a school licensed exclusively due to the use of the term "college," "university," "academy," or "institute" in its name, or licensed exclusively in order to participate in state grant or SELF loan financial aid programs; and
(3) $2,500, plus $500 for each additional program offered by the school, for a school during its first year of operation.
(a) The office processing fee for a renewal licensure application is:
(1) for a school that offers one program, the license renewal fee is $1,150;
(2) for a school that offers more than one program, the license renewal fee is $1,150, plus $200 for each additional program with a maximum renewal licensing fee of $2,000;
(3) for a school licensed exclusively due to the use of the term "college," "university," "academy," or "institute" in its name, the license renewal fee is $750; and
(4) for a school licensed by another state agency and also licensed with the office exclusively in order to participate in state student aid programs, the license renewal fee is $750.
(b) If a license renewal application is not received by the office by the close of business at least 60 days before the expiration of the current license, a late fee of $100 per business day, not to exceed $3,000, shall be assessed.
The office processing fee for adding a program to those that are currently offered by the school is $500 per program.
If the office determines that a fact-finding visit or outside consultant is necessary to review or evaluate any new or revised program, the office shall be reimbursed for the expenses incurred related to the review as follows:
(1) $400 for the team base fee or for a paper review conducted by a consultant if the office determines that a fact-finding visit is not required;
(2) $300 for each day or part thereof on site per team member; and
(3) the actual cost of customary meals, lodging, and related travel expenses incurred by team members.
The fee for modification of any existing program is $100 and is due if there is:
(1) an increase or decrease of 25 percent or more, from the original date of program approval, in clock hours, credit hours, or calendar length of an existing program;
(2) a change in academic measurement from clock hours to credit hours or vice versa; or
(3) an addition or alteration of courses that represent a 25 percent change or more in the objectives, content, or methods of delivery.
The solicitor permit fee is $350 and must be paid annually.
Schools wishing to operate at multiple locations must pay:
(1) $250 per location, for locations two to five; and
(2) an additional $100 for each location over five.
The fee for a student transcript requested from a closed school whose records are held by the office is $15, with a maximum of five transcripts per request.
The rate for copies of any public office document shall be 50 cents per page.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes