A person may not buy or sell fish taken from the waters of this state, except:
(2) rough fish excluding ciscoes;
(3) smelt taken from Lake Superior and rivers and streams that flow into Lake Superior;
(4) fish taken under licensed commercial fishing operations;
(5) fish that are private aquatic life; and
(6) fish lawfully taken and subject to sale from other states and countries.
Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, rock bass, muskellunge, and sunfish may be bought or sold by a private hatchery or aquatic farm, or as prescribed by the commissioner.
The commissioner may by rule establish reasonable conditions on the buying and selling of fish that would prevent or slow the spread of certifiable diseases and invasive species.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes