(a) With a view of achieving proper use of off-highway motorcycles consistent with protection of the environment, the commissioner, in consultation with the commissioners of public safety and transportation, shall adopt rules under chapter 14 relating to:
(1) registration of off-highway motorcycles and display of registration numbers;
(2) use of off-highway motorcycles insofar as game and fish resources are affected;
(3) use of off-highway motorcycles on public lands and waters under the jurisdiction of the commissioner;
(4) uniform signs to be used by the state, counties, and cities necessary or desirable to control, direct, or regulate the operation and use of off-highway motorcycles; and
(5) off-highway motorcycle sound levels.
(b) The commissioner of public safety, in consultation with the commissioners of natural resources and transportation, may adopt rules under chapter 14 regulating the use of off-highway motorcycles on public roads.
(c) The operator and an officer investigating an accident of an off-highway motorcycle resulting in injury requiring medical attention or hospitalization to or death of a person or total damage to an extent of $500 or more shall forward within ten days a written report of the accident to the commissioner on a form prescribed by the commissioner.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes