This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
For the purposes of this section and section 116L.561, the terms defined in this section have the meanings given them.
"Eligible applicant" means an individual who is between the ages of 14 and 21 and economically disadvantaged.
An at-risk youth who is classified as a family of one is deemed economically disadvantaged. For purposes of eligibility determination the following individuals are considered at risk:
(1) a pregnant or parenting youth;
(2) a youth with limited English proficiency;
(3) a potential or actual school dropout;
(4) a youth in an offender or diversion program;
(5) a public assistance recipient or a recipient of group home services;
(6) a youth with disabilities including learning disabilities;
(7) a chemically dependent youth or child of drug or alcohol abusers;
(8) a homeless or runaway youth;
(9) a youth with basic skills deficiency;
(10) a youth with an educational attainment of one or more levels below grade level appropriate to age; or
(11) a foster child.
"Employer" means a private or public employer.
Copyright © 2010 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.