(a) It is the intention of the legislature to support, to the extent of funds appropriated for that purpose, the creation of the Minnesota Center for Health Care Electronic Data Interchange as a broad-based effort of public and private organizations representing group purchasers, health care providers, and government programs to advance the use of health care electronic data interchange in the state. The center shall attempt to obtain private sector funding to supplement legislative appropriations, and shall become self-supporting by the end of the second year.
(b) The Minnesota Center for Health Care Electronic Data Interchange shall facilitate the statewide implementation of electronic data interchange standards in the health care industry by:
(1) coordinating and ensuring the availability of quality electronic data interchange education and training in the state;
(2) developing an extensive, cohesive health care electronic data interchange education curriculum;
(3) developing a communications and marketing plan to publicize electronic data interchange education activities, and the products and services available to support the implementation of electronic data interchange in the state;
(4) administering a resource center that will serve as a clearinghouse for information relative to electronic data interchange, including the development and maintenance of a health care constituents database, health care directory and resource library, and a health care communications network through the use of electronic bulletin board services and other network communications applications; and
(5) providing technical assistance in the development of implementation guides, and in other issues including legislative, legal, and confidentiality requirements.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes