A hospital shall give a written notice about sexually transmitted diseases to a person receiving medical services in the hospital who reports or evidences a sexual assault or other unwanted sexual contact or sexual penetration. When appropriate, the notice must be given to the parent or guardian of the victim.
The commissioners of public safety and corrections, in consultation with sexual assault victim advocates and health care professionals, shall develop the notice required by subdivision 1. The notice must inform the victim of:
(1) the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases as a result of a sexual assault;
(2) the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases;
(3) recommendations for periodic testing for the diseases, where appropriate;
(4) locations where confidential testing is done and the extent of the confidentiality provided;
(5) information necessary to make an informed decision whether to request a test of the offender under section 611A.19; and
(6) other medically relevant information.