The Office of Rural Health in conjunction with the University of Minnesota medical schools and other organizations in the state which are addressing rural health care problems shall:
(1) establish and maintain a clearinghouse for collecting and disseminating information on rural health care issues, research findings, and innovative approaches to the delivery of rural health care;
(2) coordinate the activities relating to rural health care that are carried out by the state to avoid duplication of effort;
(3) identify federal and state rural health programs and provide technical assistance to public and nonprofit entities, including community and migrant health centers, to assist them in participating in these programs;
(4) assist rural communities in improving the delivery and quality of health care in rural areas and in recruiting and retaining health professionals; and
(5) carry out the duties assigned in section 144.1483.
To carry out these duties, the office may contract with or provide grants to public and private, nonprofit entities.