The Office of Rural Health in conjunction with the University of Minnesota medical schools and other organizations in the state which are addressing rural health care problems shall:
(1) establish and maintain a clearinghouse for collecting and disseminating information on rural health care issues, research findings, and innovative approaches to the delivery of rural health care;
(2) coordinate the activities relating to rural health care that are carried out by the state to avoid duplication of effort;
(3) identify federal and state rural health programs and provide technical assistance to public and nonprofit entities, including community and migrant health centers, to assist them in participating in these programs;
(4) assist rural communities in improving the delivery and quality of health care in rural areas and in recruiting and retaining health professionals; and
(5) carry out the duties assigned in section 144.1483.
To carry out these duties, the office may contract with or provide grants to public and private, nonprofit entities.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes