The person in charge of providing instruction to a child must submit the following information to the superintendent of the district in which the child resides:
(1) by October 1 of each school year, the name, birth date, and address of each child receiving instruction;
(2) the name of each instructor and evidence of compliance with one of the requirements specified in section 120A.22, subdivision 10;
(3) an annual instructional calendar; and
(4) for each child instructed by a parent who meets only the requirement of section 120A.22, subdivision 10, clause (6), a quarterly report card on the achievement of the child in each subject area required in section 120A.22, subdivision 9.
The person in charge of providing instruction to a child must make available documentation indicating that the subjects required in section 120A.22, subdivision 9, are being taught. This documentation must include class schedules, copies of materials used for instruction, and descriptions of methods used to assess student achievement.
A nonpublic school, person, or other institution that is accredited by an accrediting agency, recognized according to section 123B.445, or recognized by the commissioner, is exempt from the requirements in subdivisions 1 and 2, except for the requirement in subdivision 1, clause (1).
A superintendent must make an annual report to the commissioner of education. The report must include the following information:
(1) the number of children residing in the district attending nonpublic schools or receiving instruction from persons or institutions other than a public school;
(2) the number of children in clause (1) who are in compliance with section 120A.22 and this section; and
(3) the number of children in clause (1) who the superintendent has determined are not in compliance with section 120A.22 and this section.