A trust may be created for the purpose of establishing a fund for the benefit of one or more individuals with a single transfer under the Minnesota Uniform Custodial Trust Act in the manner and form provided by section 529.17. A trust authorized under this section must be created and administered and is subject to the Minnesota Uniform Custodial Trust Act.
Notwithstanding subdivision 1, after a fund has been created, additional funds may be transferred to the fund without the formalities required by chapter 529 if the transferor manifests a reasonable expression of intent to make the transfer, together with a reasonable form of delivery of the property including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) a check payable to the name of the fund and delivered to the trustee or the trustee's custodial agent;
(2) delivery of cash or tangible personal property to the trustee or to the trustee's custodial agent;
(3) delivery and recording of title of stock or other registered security in the name of the fund;
(4) delivery of a deed and acceptance of the deed by the trustee of the fund, or the recording of a deed in the name of the trustee of the fund with the applicable county recorder or registrar of titles for real property; and
(5) any other means of transfer and delivery so that a reasonable person would conclude that the transferor intended the property be titled in the name of, and used for the benefit of the beneficiaries of, the fund.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes