No person may do any of the following without having first obtained a license from the board:
(1) provide the means to link prizes in a linked bingo game;
(2) provide linked bingo game prize management;
(3) provide the linked bingo system; or
(4) provide linked bingo paper sheets to an organization.
The board may issue a license to a linked bingo game provider who meets the qualifications of this chapter and the rules promulgated by the board. The application shall be on a form prescribed by the board. The license is valid for two years and the fee for a linked bingo game provider license is $5,000 per year.
An applicant for a linked bingo game provider license must attach to its application:
(1) evidence of a bond in the principal amount of $100,000 payable to the state of Minnesota conditioned on the payment of all linked bingo prizes and any other money due and payable under this chapter;
(2) detailed plans and specifications for the operation of the linked bingo game and the linked bingo system; and
(3) any other information required by the board by rule.
(a) Except for services associated exclusively with a linked bingo game, a linked bingo game provider may not participate or assist in the conduct of lawful gambling by an organization. No linked bingo game provider or employee, representative, agent, affiliate, or other employee of a linked bingo game provider may:
(1) hold any financial or managerial interest in a premises leased for the conduct of bingo;
(2) also be licensed as a distributor or hold any financial or managerial interest in a distributor;
(3) sell or lease linked bingo game equipment to any person not licensed as an organization;
(4) purchase gambling equipment to be used exclusively in a linked bingo game from any person not licensed as a manufacturer under section 349.163;
(5) provide a lessor of gambling premises or an appointed official any compensation, gift, gratuity, premium, or contribution; and
(6) provide an employee or agent of the organization any compensation, gift, gratuity, premium, or other thing of value greater than $25 per organization in a calendar year.
(b) Employees of the board and the Division of Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement may inspect the books, records, inventory, and business premises of a licensed linked bingo game provider without notice during the normal business hours of the linked bingo game provider. The board may charge a linked bingo game provider for the actual cost of conducting scheduled or unscheduled inspections of the licensee's facilities.