Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited liability company shall obtain a certificate of authority. An applicant for the certificate shall file with the secretary of state a certificate of status from the filing office in the jurisdiction in which the foreign limited liability company is organized and an application executed by an authorized person and setting forth:
(1) the name of the foreign limited liability company and, if different, the name under which it proposes to transact business in this state;
(2) the jurisdiction of its organization;
(3) the name and business address of the proposed registered agent in this state, which agent shall be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation having a place of business in, and authorized to do business in, this state;
(4) the address of the office required to be maintained in the jurisdiction of its organization by the laws of that jurisdiction or, if not so required, of the principal place of business of the foreign limited liability company; and
(5) the date the foreign limited liability company expires in the jurisdiction of its organization.