A director's personal liability to the cooperative or members for monetary damages for breach of fiduciary duty as a director may be eliminated or limited in the articles or bylaws except as provided in subdivision 2.
The articles or bylaws may not eliminate or limit the liability of a director:
(1) for a breach of the director's duty of loyalty to the cooperative or its members;
(2) for acts or omissions that are not in good faith or involve intentional misconduct or a knowing violation of law;
(3) for knowing violations of securities laws or for illegal distributions;
(4) for a transaction from which the director derived an improper personal benefit; or
(5) for an act or omission occurring before the date when the provision in the articles or bylaws eliminating or limiting liability becomes effective.