A cooperative must continuously maintain a registered office in this state. A registered office need not be the same as the principal place of business of the cooperative.
A cooperative may designate a registered agent. The registered agent may be a natural person residing in this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state. The registered agent must maintain an office that is identical with the registered office.
A cooperative may designate or change its registered office, designate or change its registered agent, or state a change in the name of its registered agent, by filing a statement with the secretary of state containing:
(1) the name of the cooperative;
(2) the new address of the cooperative's registered office;
(3) the name of the cooperative's registered agent, if any;
(4) a statement that the address of its registered office and the address of the office of its registered agent, as changed, will be identical; and
(5) a statement that the change of registered office or registered agent was authorized by a resolution approved by the affirmative vote of a majority of the board.
A registered agent of a cooperative may resign by filing with the secretary of state a signed written notice of resignation, including a statement that a signed copy of the notice has been given to the cooperative at its principal place of business or to a legal representative of the cooperative. The appointment of the agent terminates 30 days after the notice is filed with the secretary of state.
If the address or name of a registered agent changes, the agent must change the address of the registered office or the name of the registered agent of the cooperative represented by the agent by filing with the secretary of state the statement required in subdivision 3, except that the statement need only be signed by the registered agent, need not be responsive to subdivision 3, clause (5), but must state that a copy of the statement has been mailed to the cooperative or to the legal representative of the cooperative.