The registrar shall not issue a certificate of title for:
(1) a vehicle owned by the United States;
(2) a vehicle owned by a nonresident and not required by law to be registered in this state;
(3) a vehicle owned by a nonresident and regularly engaged in the interstate transportation of persons or property for which a currently effective certificate of title has been issued in another state;
(4) a vehicle moved solely by animal power;
(5) an implement of husbandry;
(6) special mobile equipment;
(7) a self-propelled wheelchair or invalid tricycle;
(8) a trailer (i) having a gross weight of 4,000 pounds or less unless a secured party holds an interest in the trailer or a certificate of title was previously issued by this state or any other state or (ii) designed primarily for agricultural purposes except a recreational vehicle or a manufactured home, both as defined in section 168.002, subdivisions 16 and 27;
(9) a snowmobile; and
(10) a spotter truck, as defined in section 169.011, subdivision 77.
NOTE: Subdivision 1, clause (10), as added by Laws 2008, chapter 350, article 1, section 17, and chapter 366, article 9, section 5, expires June 30, 2013. Laws 2008, chapter 350, article 1, section 17, and chapter 366, article 9, section 5, the effective dates.