The Environmental Quality Board shall:
(1) coordinate public water resource management and regulation activities among the state agencies having jurisdiction in the area;
(2) coordinate comprehensive long-range water resources planning in furtherance of the Environmental Quality Board's "Minnesota Water Plan," published in January 1991, by September 15, 2000, and each ten-year interval afterwards;
(3) coordinate water planning activities of local, regional, and federal bodies with state water planning and integrate these plans with state strategies;
(4) coordinate development of state water policy recommendations and priorities, and a recommended program for funding identified needs, including priorities for implementing the state water resources monitoring plan;
(5) administer federal water resources planning with multiagency interests;
(6) ensure that groundwater quality monitoring and related data is provided and integrated into the Minnesota land management information system according to published data compatibility guidelines. Costs of integrating the data in accordance with data compatibility standards must be borne by the agency generating the data;
(7) coordinate the development and evaluation of water information and education materials and resources; and
(8) coordinate the dissemination of water information and education through existing delivery systems.
The Environmental Quality Board chair shall represent the governor on interstate water resources organizations.