84.942 FISH AND WILDLIFE RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PLAN.
Subdivision 1. Preparation.
The commissioner of natural resources shall prepare a
comprehensive fish and wildlife management plan designed to accomplish the policy of section
. The comprehensive fish and wildlife management plan shall include a strategic plan as
outlined in subdivision 2. The strategic plan must be completed by July 1, 1986. The management
plan must also include the long-range and operational plans as described in subdivisions 3 and
4. The management plan must be completed by July 1, 1988.
Subd. 2. Strategic plan.
The strategic plan must be updated every six years and include:
(1) an issues analysis describing major fish and wildlife management problems;
(2) a description of strategies to address management problems; and
(3) an assessment of the need for additional fish and wildlife research facilities.
Subd. 3. Long-range plan.
The long-range plan must be updated every six years and include:
(1) an assessment of historical, present, and projected demand for fish and wildlife resources;
(2) an assessment of the capability of fish and wildlife resources to meet present and future
(3) development of a database capable of continuous updating and usable as a resource
management tool; and
(4) a statement of major goals, objectives, and policies to address fish and wildlife resource
Subd. 4. Operational plan.
The operational plan must be reviewed and updated every two
years. The operational plan must include the following:
(1) a description of specific actions needed to address resource management issues;
(2) an estimate of the expenditures necessary to implement the management actions and a
description of the sources and amounts of revenue available;
(3) a procedure to review expenditures and evaluate the effectiveness of the management
(4) recommendations for additional actions necessary to meet fish and wildlife management
Subd. 5. Public agency coordination.
The commissioner of natural resources must
coordinate fish and wildlife planning efforts with appropriate public agencies to achieve optimum
Subd. 6. Public involvement.
The commissioner of natural resources must make fish and
wildlife management plans available for public input, review, and comment.
History: 1986 c 383 s 8