366.14 PURPOSE OF REGULATIONS.
Regulations shall be made in accordance with the comprehensive plan to promote the health,
morals, convenience, order, prosperity, or welfare of the present and future inhabitants of the
town, including, among other things:
(1) lessening congestion in streets or roads;
(2) reducing the wastes of excessive amounts of roads;
(3) securing safety from fire and other dangers;
(4) providing adequate light and air;
(5) preventing excessive concentration of population and excessive and wasteful scattering
of population or settlement; and
(6) promoting a distribution of population and classification of land uses and distribution of
land development and utilization that will facilitate and conserve provisions for transportation,
water flowage, water supply, drainage, sanitation, educational opportunities, recreation, soil
fertility, food supplies, and protection of urban and nonurban development.
History: 1939 c 187 s 5; 1989 c 197 art 7 s 1