216C.38 BUILDING ENERGY RESEARCH CENTER.
Subdivision 1. Energy partnership.
To improve the energy efficiency of buildings, the
commissioner shall administer a Building Energy Research Center that shall be a cooperative
effort among the commissioner, the University of Minnesota, technical colleges, and certain
associations and businesses from the private sector. The center's goal is to become a nationally
recognized center for building research.
Subd. 2. Purpose.
The purpose of the Building Energy Research Center is to:
(1) conduct studies of Minnesota building experience;
(2) disseminate information acquired relating to building energy efficiency;
(3) conduct continuing education courses;
(4) provide limited energy and design consultation services for innovative projects;
(5) coordinate and stimulate research efforts; and
(6) seek private sector pledges to match appropriations for this program.
History: 1983 c 301 s 133; 1987 c 258 s 12; 1987 c 312 art 1 s 10 subd 1; 1989 c 246 s 2