164.36 TOWN AUTHORITY OVER RECORDED ROAD.
The town board has authority within the 66-foot right-of-way to:
(1) maintain or reconstruct a recorded road used for vehicular travel;
(2) dispose of snow;
(3) plant trees and shrubs that it considers appropriate;
(4) remove trees and other woody vegetation as provided in section
(5) allow the placement of highway directional and informational signs as provided in
169.06, subdivision 3
(6) allow the placement of electrical and telephone poles, pipelines, and electrical, telephone,
or television cables, and to require prior notice of the proposed placement and restoration of the
right-of-way to its condition immediately prior to the placement;
(7) control weeds and regulate the cutting or complete removal of nonwoody vegetation; and
(8) regulate erosion, drainage, public nuisances, and matters of public interest.
History: 1987 c 219 s 2; 1991 c 99 s 1