Subdivision 1. Schedule.
The fee schedule for licensees is as follows:
(a) Three-year license fees:
(1) cosmetologist, manicurist, esthetician, $90 for each initial license, and $60 for each
(2) instructor, manager, $120 for each initial license, and $90 for each renewal;
(3) salon, $130 for each initial license, and $100 for each renewal; and
(4) school, $1,500.
(1) reinspection fee, variable; and
(2) manager with lapsed practitioner, $25.
(c) Administrative fees:
(1) certificate of identification, $20; and
(2) school original application, $150.
(d) All fees established in this subdivision must be paid to the executive secretary of the
board. The executive secretary of the board shall deposit the fees in the general fund in the
Subd. 2. Refunds.
Refunds shall be given in the following situations: overpayment; death
or permanent disability before the effective date of a license; or an individual's ineligibility for
licensure. Applicants determined ineligible to receive a license will be refunded the license fee
minus any processing fee this section requires.
Subd. 3. Other licenses.
A licensee who applies for licensing in a second category shall pay
the full license fee for the second category of license.
History: 1993 c 204 s 9; 1997 c 200 art 1 s 63; 2004 c 269 art 3 s 29; 2005 c 27 s 5,9